Saturday, February 20, 2010

Vail Pride Day 2010


A little background information for those of you who follow this blog, but do not live in Vail...

My husband and I bought our first house in 2006 in a little suburb called Rita Ranch. With young children that would begin attending school in a few years, we chose this area because of the fantastic reputation of the Vail School District. After closing on our house, I interviewed for a teaching position in Vail that spring. After several interviews and some sleepless nights, I was offered a position at Desert Willow Elementary for the upcoming school year. I currently teach Kindergarten at Cottonwood Elementary (just a hop, skip, and jump away from our house) and Bobby and Katie attend school there as well.

I feel blessed to be a part of the Vail family. My children love their teachers and enjoy school. Bobby has an amazing teacher that I am fortunate enough to work with and learn from this year as well. We love you, Mrs. Montes!!!
Katie has the same pre-school teacher that Bobby did. Ms. Debbie does an incredible job of documenting Katie's time at school. Katie loves being in Ms. Debbie's class. Even though I cannot volunteer in her classroom, Ms. Debbie sends me updates and pictures of the special things Katie is doing at school.

I am also proud to say that I teach in Vail. I am responsible for enriching the lives of the little ones in my care and I truly enjoy my job. I work with a team of fabulous women that inspire, encourage, and support me daily. Many of the people I work with are not just colleagues, they are my friends. My principal is an incredible woman, who has created a family of learners at Cottonwood and makes me want to be a better person. I couldn't imagine working for anyone else. I have a dynamic group of children that make me laugh (and cry) and remind me daily of the important things in life. I know that what I am doing makes a difference...for me, my family, and my community.

Vail School District began the tradition over 10 years ago of hosting an annual event to celebrate the fantastic things happening in our schools and community. This year, Katie performed with her pre-school class and Bobby had his Kindergarten work displayed. This is Bobby in front of his display and Katie with her teacher, Ms. Debbie:


As we face some pretty icky budget cuts in the upcoming year, I hope that there will be a Vail Pride Day 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment