Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tough Love

Today has been a hard day. It was definitely the morphine talking on Thursday. Katie has been refusing to take any of her oral pain medication...so she is in pain. She has absolutely no energy. She wants to get up and do things, but tuckers out very quickly. (Which if you know our Katie, you know that she is usually the Energizer Bunny. Going....going....going....) She hasn't eaten hardly anything yesterday or today. The follow-up paperwork from the doctor says that this is okay. The important thing to focus on is keeping her hydrated. Thankfully, she is drinking her ice water. It breaks my heart to have to try to give her tough love and make her take her medicine. She cries the minute we mention it and says "I love you. I don't want to take any medicine. I just love you." It just breaks my heart to see my little princess hurting. I know that this too will pass. She is such a tough little cookie...

I can't wait to see this smile again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment