Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter without the Bunny...

For those of you who know me, you know that I am a planner. I plan my kids birthday parties months in advance. I plan their Christmas outfits in September. I am usually done with the majority of my Christmas shopping in July. I love to plan ahead...perhaps in my next life I will be a party planner!

So far this year has felt like a roller coaster ride. School, work, and homework have us on the go from Monday morning at 5:30 until Friday afternoon. Katie's ballet schedule keeps us busy on Saturdays. Add to that Bobby's new baseball schedule, which requires 1 practice and 2 games EACH week! I don't feel like I've had a chance to sit down, let alone thoroughly plan anything since the new year arrived.

We colored eggs the weekend before Easter. Andy loved this activity this year! He would have colored 100 eggs if we had had them. He kept sticking his hands in the dye. Good thing it only takes a week or so for the dye to fade! :)

I had every intention of taking the children to the mall for a photo session with the E.B. 2 weeks ago. I had put off buying Katie an Easter dress, but made sure to pick one up last weekend. Now all of my little ones would be in their "Sunday best" when we visited the E.B..

Then, our Easter plans changed and we decided to head to Rancho Del Lago for Brunch with Bunny. We attended their Breakfast with Santa in December and had a wonderful time, including a photo session with Santa himself. So, we made the assumption that it would be the same type of set-up.
You know what happens when you assume right??? Our reservation was at 11:30. We arrived at 11:25 to find out that we had missed the egg hunt, the fun spring activities, AND the E.B. Apparently, the bunny arrived at 10:30 to kick off the egg hunt and said his goodbyes 10 minutes before we arrived. There wasn't anything we could do about it, so we quickly ate our brunch and headed home for our 2nd egg hunt of the day.
I think I am more disappointed than my kids about not seeing the E.B.. I have their annual pictures, including the mandatory holiday pictures that commemorate each passing year. I'm a little bummed that we will be missing a 2011 picture with the bunny. BUT, if I have learned anything in the past 2 years, it is to roll with the punches. I got to wake up and watch my children's faces fill with joy and wonder. The E.B. had not failed to make a quick stop at our house. The children all enjoyed waking to explore their baskets, spending time with their family, and searching for eggs. Life doesn't get much better than this!!!

Easter without the bunny...that's how we rolled this year! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it was a bunnyless Easter but I am glad you all had fun anyway!! Your family does some great get togethers!

    ReplyDelete