Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Katie-Cakes!

Dear Katie-Cakes,

Happy 5th Birthday, princess! You are so excited to turn five and celebrate your birthday this year! This year has flown by...it wasn't very long ago that I wrote this post to you. I am thankful that my picture taking obsession has documented this year in a way that my faulty memory could not.

This year:

You started ballet. You will be appearing in your very first recital on the day after your birthday. (As you told me last night, "I get to dance on a REAL stage!)

You went to your first Ringling Brothers Circus!

You got a pedicure and manicure with the girls!

You rode a horse for the very first time. You loved Buddy!


You met ALL of your "greats"!


You had big girl tea with your baby doll!

You had your first home visit!

You've learned to spell and write your name.

You discovered the joy of friendship and had your first sleepover!


You graduated from Preschool.

You've learned that the bonds of love cannot be broken. They remain strong during times of separation and grow even stronger during times of togetherness.

You have done all these things and SO much more!!! You've grown so much this year! I celebrated each milestone with you. I was there to pick you up if you fell down. I held your hand when you needed reassurance. You amazed me with your spunk, your wit, and your "youness". I fell deeper in love with you every single day!!!

Love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment