Monday, May 2, 2011

Nothing Terrible about this Two!!!

My baby turned 2 on Friday. My BABY turned 2 on Friday...

How did this happen? Where has the time gone? It seems like it was just yesterday that I was teaching 2nd grade next to Apryl, sharing my exciting baby news with her and concocting a plan together to play a colossal joke on the school prankster.


Fast forward to April 29, 2009... We were once again at Northwest Hospital Medical Center and I was being induced. My mom, Rob's mom, and Rob's sisters were keeping us company as we patiently awaited your arrival. I checked in with Apryl regularly throughout the day, however much to the disappointment of my students did not deliver before the end of the Cottonwood school day. (According to A.P., I just needed to push harder! :) Shortly before dinner time, we welcomed Andrew Scott Lofgren into our family.

Andy has been such an easy baby. He settled into a regular sleep routine pretty quickly, has always been a good eater, and lets you know when he wants or needs something. The first year went by so quickly!
Coming home from the hospital

1st Birthday Celebration

Fast forward to April 29, 2011... Andy is a complex little man. Just when I begin to think I know what he is going to do, he surprises me. He loves to explore and investigate. Andy is my little trouble maker. His smile melts my heart. I love that when I walk in the door every day, he is there to greet me shouting "Mama!" and waiting not so patiently to be picked up. Andy is the best eater ever! He will try anything once, eats solidly at dinner, and truly enjoys his food. (His favorite place to eat is Chipotle! He loves the lime rice and black beans!!!) Not only does he love eating food, he also loves to help me cook. He often demands "Up peez" and has to taste test dinner. I know it meets his seal of approval when he says "Moer mama". Andy loves being the little brother! He loves to engage with his brother and sister, often watching them for guidance. This will probably lead to more bad than good! Andy can be demanding at times, stubbornly refusing to use his words. Instead he opts for the pushing or pulling method to show you what he wants. Andy is definitely the youngest child and will always be the "baby". He loves being catered too...which everyone is guilty of!

Here are some of the memorable moments from this year:

You learned how to walk!
You went to the circus for the first time!
You paint a picture EVERY SINGLE DAY when you drop off your big sister at school...you can't wait to be in Ms. Debbie's class too!
You fell in love with the Disney movie Cars!
You visited Granny and Grampa's for the first time! You rode your very first horse. Buddy was your best friend for a day!
Your Nana and Boppa celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary!
You learned how to play hide and go seek! (Except sometimes you are the only one hiding!)
You saw your first snow in Tucson!
You met all of your great-grandparents!

Happy Birthday, little man! Mommy and Daddy love you SO much!!!
There is nothing terrible about this two year old!!!





3 comments:

  1. I got SO excited when I saw that ultrasound photo!! But you quickly put that rumor to bed. Andy is such a cutie! I can't believe he's so old already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for Andy......getting so big, sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete