Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...

I took another blogging idea from the link Ami sent me when we began our May marathon. Tonight's inspiration is idea #98: Start an award and hand it out every week to other bloggers. After a little internet research on how to create my very own button, I used my tech savvy to design my award.

A little personal history before you read any further. I grew up on a farm in Kansas. I have so many fond memories of the days on the farm...picking strawberries right off the vine, playing hide-and-seek in the corn fields, swimming in the creek, and SO many more. One of our family traditions was to watch The Wizard of Oz together every year when it was on television. (Not an easy feat when there is only one television in a home that houses 5 adolescents!) Dorothy, an adventurer from Kansas, somehow ropes her newfound friends into following the yellow brick road with her. Despite the dangers they encounter along the way, the resounding theme of friendship and home can be seen throughout their journey.

I decided to create an award that lets the person I award it to know that I value their friendship (whether near or far) and am glad that they are a part of my journey. These friends have fearlessly linked their arms with mine as we skip together down the yellow brick road called life. (Possibly singing in our best munchkin voices "Follow the Yellow Brick Road"!) These friends have been there though the good and not so good times. They've seen me at my best and at my worst. And I like to think they love me anyways... :) These people inspire me to be a better person, a better mother, a better wife, a better friend, a better teacher, and a better blogger.

I named it Follow the Yellow Brick Road Award as a reminder that life is what you make of it. Live life to its fullest every day. Take nothing for granted. Inspire laughter and love in those around you, during times of happiness and times of sadness!

Drumroll please...


This week, I am bestowing my award on Ami Bunch! Thank you for inspiring me daily! To my readers who have not had a chance to stop by and become addicted to her blog, I will warn you in advance. You can't read just one. Ami is not only the amazing mom to three incredible triplets, she's an absolutely fantastic writer to boot! I encourage you to visit her blog if you haven't already!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jen, you continue to amaze me! You are so sweet to share your award with me! Can I put it on my blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete