Saturday, May 7, 2011

Obsess Much???

They say the first step of battling a problem is to admit you have a problem. So, I am publicly announcing:
"My name is Jennifer and I am a blog stalker."

It all started when my friend Ami began her blog. At the time, I was new to Cottonwood and hadn't gotten to know my new co-workers yet. I followed her blog secretly, as I didn't want to seem too stalkerish. We were both due around the same time, although since she was caring triplets her due date would most certainly arrive before mine. After a year at Cottonwood, I was asked to move to the Kindergarten team. I can honestly say that the fabulous ladies that I work with are not only my co-workers, they are some of my best friends!!! Ami convinced me to start my own blog and helped me set it up. Thus, my own blog was conceived.

Some of my close friends also have their own blogs that I check in on regularly, however I also follow some blogs of individuals that I've never met. I guess that is part of what makes technology so great; you become friends with people that life would otherwise not bring you into contact with. You can view just a few of the blogs that I am addicted to by looking on the side bar under "Favorites".

Recently, my addiction has grown. While I was looking for some ideas to go along with a new unit that I would be teaching in my classroom, I stumbled across a few teaching blogs. I visit them regularly now for new teaching ideas and fun give-aways. I'm even trying to start my own teaching blog and would like to develop some things that I can post for sale on Teachers Pay Teachers this summer. Here is the teaching blog that I have designed. There isn't much on it yet, but it is high on my summer "To Do" list!


A few days ago, I stopped by one of my favorite teaching blogs that has regular give-aways and entered to win. Yesterday I visited her site to see this:
Woo Hoo!!! I won a $50 gift certificate to Creative Teaching Press! I can't wait to go shopping! While I might spend valuable time that I could be sleeping at night blog hopping, my obsession has paid off!

Maybe I'm on a lucky streak! :)


2 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Your not the only secret stalker....heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. How flippin cool is that, Jen?? Yahoo!!

    ReplyDelete