Sunday, May 15, 2011

Katerina Ballerina

Katie will be dancing in her very first "BIG" ballet recital on May 28th. She is so excited about dancing in her costume and putting on big girl make-up! Today, we had dress rehearsal pictures. Being new to this process, I was unsure of exactly how much product to use on her hair and face. (I did a test run on her hair before ballet class on Saturday and was told to use ALOT more hair product.)

Katie woke up in a fantastic mood and was ready to start primping! :) She took a quick bath and then we began the process of styling her hair. She sat patiently while I applied globs of gel to her hair and slowly pulled it into a pony on the crown of her head. (This literally took me about 30 minutes. I am a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to styling her hair.)

Next we put on her tights, minus her undergarments. She was very concerned about not wearing undies, but listened intently while I explained why she wasn't allowed to wear them with her costume. Once I had explained the policies for dress rehearsal/pictures, she told me it was okay and proceded to get dressed.

Finally it was make-up time. I carefully applied her foundation, blush, eyeshadow, and lipstick. Each time I would pull out a new product she would ask me what it was for. Then she sat still while I applied each item. When we were all done, she looked in the mirror and said "It's almost perfect! Except for this..." (She was pointing at a scratch on her cheek that Nini accidentally gave her on Friday night. The foundation did not really hide the scratch.)
Katie loved having her hair and make-up done! She is definately a girly-girl!

My little Katerina Ballerina!

4 comments: