Monday, November 15, 2010

Butter Up!

I gave this recipe to my friend, Charlotte, a few months ago when she was looking for something new to cook. She said her family loved it! This is one of my all time favorite recipes. I would always ask my mom to make this when she asked ME what I wanted for dinner.


So, if you are in the mood for butter, make a big batch of honey chicken! I always make a double batch of sauce, since I like to pour the extra sauce on top of my rice. :) Hope you enjoy!

You will need:
*skinless chicken (any cuts, depending on your preference)
*1/3 cup butter
*1/3 cup honey
*2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
*1 teaspoon salt
*1 teaspoon curry powder

Melt the butter in a pan. Add honey and mustard to the melted butter. Add salt and curry powder to the mixture. Pour sauce on top of cleaned, seasoned chicken pieces. Cook at 325 degrees for 75-90 minutes, basting ever 20 minutes. Serve over white rice.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU! I always love a good "tried and true" recipe to add to my meager repertoire! :)

    ReplyDelete