Monday, November 8, 2010

Did someone say Chipotle?

I am going try to post a recipe every Monday this month. Tonight was fajita night at the Lofgren house. I must thank the people at Chipotle for making an addict out of my 18 month old son. The minute we sit down at the table, Andy is reaching for the burrito bowl and shoveling their yummy rice and beans into his mouth as fast as he can. (This is not an exaggeration! I will have to take pictures at our next visit and post them.) Most of it ends up on his face and shirt...but watch out! You could lose a finger if you get between him and his Chipotle.
The newest recipe that I absolutely LOVE is a knock-off recipe of their lime and cilantro rice. Since due to budget and time constraints we can't head off to Chipotle each week, I make modified burrito bowls at home. I've made them a few times and I think I finally have the recipe down. So here's what you will need:

Basmati rice (This is a long grained rice. You can find it at your local grocery store.)
Lime Juice
Fresh Cilantro
Salt

Poor the desired amount of rice into your pot. Add the recommended amount of water. Lightly salt the water and add 2 tsp. of lime juice. Cook the rice accordingly. Once the rice is done, add an additional 2 tsp. of lime juice, chopped cilantro, and salt to taste.


YUM!!! If you don't have a rice cooker, get one! :) I love that I can just poor in the desired amount of rice and water, push a button, and 20 minutes later I have delicious, fluffy rice. What a time-saver! Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment