Friday, November 5, 2010

Tt is for Tired

I've been trying to think ahead about what I can blog about during the next couple of weeks. One of the ideas that came to mind was to tell the story of "us". Since we got home late tonight, I decided to save that idea. The first installment of Fairy Tale Friday will have to wait to make its appearance next week.
It has been a long week. As I sit and reflect on my week, I feel like making a "T is for Tired" scrapbook page. The captions would look something like this:

*I began the week feeling optimistic about election day. Bobby and I waved signs the day before the election. I taught the democratic process in Kindergarten by voting on a storybook character after reading two different versions of the same story. I went to bed feeling hopeful on Tuesday...only to wake up on Wednesday to heartbreak.

*I spent hours preparing for my observation. The anticipation of having a special visitor in my classroom causes me severe anxiety, which in turn leads to physical tension, an increase in my OCD (perfectionism), and restless nights. Since my observation was postponed on Wednesday, these feelings spilled over into Thursday.

*I've been battling an itchy throat since mid-week. I am hoping to ward off any lingering effects with high doses of vitamin c!

*I had a tough day at school today. Thankfully, these days don't happen too often. When they do, they suck every ounce of emotional and physical energy out of your body. You are left feeling drained.

*In addition to all of the things I mentioned above, add on all of the day-to-day duties of a mommy.

Good night world. T is for Tired...

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel your pain with all of those things...I am especially sorry for the stress you had to endure today...so not fair on a Friday! Make sure this weekend is R for Relaxing! :) See you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days of exhaustion; at 35 y/o, I had 5 children; a fulltime job, and was going to university full-time. Dad was on the road 4 days a week. Comparing the two, you are a much-more hands on mommy than I was.So the strength you are needing comes from a Higher Power, BooBoo...and there are days and nights the Power source seems to have dried up. It's there...believe in it. You can climb another mountain, kiddo...you have to. You have three little reasons to keep on pushing. You ARE amazing, and I know you will persevere.
    There are many "vampires" in this life; people and events that suck the very Life out of you. We battle them every day.Know that you are loved so very much, and that your mother lifts you up every single day and prays a special prayer for you and yours.
    I am so very proud of the woman you are, BooBoo. I must have done something right.

    ReplyDelete