Monday, November 1, 2010

You Are So "Boo"tiful To Me!

Amidst the chaos of my afternoon, I hear my cell phone ring. In the midst of making french toast for dinner, holding Andy away from the hot stove, and watching as Bobby sprayed cinnamon all over, I answered the call. My good friend and life-saving parapro, Charlotte, was calling to see if I had seen Ami's post about the NaBloPoMo. Sure, I'd seen it...but I hadn't been crazy enough to respond to it. Charlotte proceeded to tell me that I HAD to participate this year and my first post should be my little darlings dressed up for Halloween. I told her that I would commit if she promised to provide inspiration when the well runs dry.

So here goes...

These are my "boo"tiful children. They have the innate ability to make me laugh harder than I ever thought possible. They can inspire within me the urge to want to lock myself in the bathroom for a minute of sanity. They fill my heart with unspeakable amounts of joy and love. They give meaning to my life.

I torture them regularly with my camera. I carry it EVERYWHERE. They are such good sports and hardly ever complain that I am once again subjecting them to my obsession to digitally capture each moment of their childhood so that I never forget these wonderful days. I dread the day when I hear the words "Mom...not again!". But I also know that I'll continue to torture them regardless of the moans and groans. Here are just a few of those moments from this years Halloween excitement:

Lord Vader
"Luke, I am your father!"

Princess Katherine
"The fairest of them all..."

T-I-Double Guh-ER
"Tiggers are wonderful things!"

Bobby, Katie, and Andy - You will ALWAYS be so beautiful to me!


It wasn't that long ago that there was another little boy dressed as tigger...
The world is a different place now. Wish you were here with us. We love you, Auntie Missa!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Jen!! I am so proud of you for taking on this challenge! Like I said earlier you could blog about our classroom antics EVERYDAY! We will provide you with plenty of material! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...what a special and unique woman you are...love you, BooBoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Jen! I can't wait to see all the blogs this month! Those are great pics in their costumes : )

    ReplyDelete