Sunday, November 7, 2010

These are the Moments

Sunday is our family day. After running from here to there all week, this is our day of rest. If at all possible, we try not to leave the house except to make a grocery store run at the beginning of the day. We spend time playing together, watch some football together, cook together, and clean together. We love these days!

The one thing missing from our Sunday right now is taking the family to church. We are members of a small church on the NE side of town called St. John on the Desert. All of the children were baptized at St. John on the Desert. Over the years, the wonderful pastor that was there when we became members retired due to personal health issues. Since the new pastor has assumed the leadership role of the church much has changed. We no longer feel like this is the best fit for our family. We are still searching for a church to join.

As I sit and write about family time, Edwin McCain's song lyrics run through my mind.

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've got all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more.

Bobby's 1st Grade Musical

"I'm ready to go to school, Mommy."

Katie prepares for school pictures

Singing in the Rain

"I'll help you put away the dishes, Mommy!"
(And by help, I mean climb on top of the
dishwasher door and try to climb inside.)

I could not ask for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment