Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Special Thanks


My grandpa fought many years ago in WWII. I don't remember most of the stories he told me when I was little, but I still remember him talking about his experiences in the war. My mom took him to see Saving Private Ryan when it came out to the theaters...I know it was difficult to see those things and remember those days on the big screen for him. I'm sure it was even more difficult to fight the fight and return to a "normal" life after the war was over.

Most days we don't even stop to think about all of the marvelous freedoms we enjoy. Today, I thought about those things. A simple thank you doesn't seem like enough, but it is all I have to give. Thank you grandpa! The fight you fought years ago allows me to live the life I live today. YOU are my hero!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment