Monday, November 22, 2010

Pumpkin Sandwich?!?

Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors. I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cheescake, etc. (You get the idea. :) Last year I came across this recipe and decided to try it. I made it for my 2nd grade girls and they loved them. I made them for my family and they loved them. So here is the not-so-secret Land O Lakes recipe for all you pumpkin lovers.

Pumpkin Sandwich Cookie

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 cup butter softened

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

1/4 cup milk

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

Filling

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

2 tablespoons butter softened

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 cups powdered sugar

Decoration

Powdered sugar

Directions

Heat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. 

Combine brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add pumpkin, milk, egg and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture. Beat until well mixed. 

Drop batter by level measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. (I use a Pampered Chef scoop for this.) Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until set and lightly browned around edges. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely. 

Combine all filling ingredients except powdered sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth. Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar, beating well after each addition until creamy.

Spread 2 teaspoons filling onto bottom-side of 1 cookie. Top with another cookie, bottom-side down. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling. Sprinkle filled cookies with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am Jill's babysitter and the Pampered Chef lady. I am so excited about your recipe because I have three Halloween pumpkins that need to be cut up. Thanks for the shout-out about the Pampered Chef scoop you use : )
    Kathy Meindl

    ReplyDelete